View Single Post
Old 2009.05.18, 09:24 AM   #28
Ed Roberts

I know there is a lot of cool bodies for 1/32 scale but HPI would of hit a home run if they made it a 1/28 to go against the Mini Z in the same class. There is already a market out there for 1/28 scale. All it's missing is some more companies making the products and pushing each other to make thing better. I would rather run a diff. company then Kyosho but as it stands, there just not to many options. Kyosho is loving the fact that no other company is dipping into the 1/28 scale, they just don't have to fight against anyone and they got a hold on the market. This is not good for the comsumer, Kyosho can charge what they want and R&D dept. don't have to work as hard to be the best.

Just look at the 1/8 scale buggy market. In the last 3 to 4 years it went from 3 to 4 companies to over 8 and the products have gotten a lot better. Kyosho used to be king in 8th scale but now they have drop a little because they are over priced and their R&D dept. has not been keeping up with the times like the other companies.

Ok, I'll stop for now. Please don't get me wrong the Mini Z is a great car but just think how much better it could be if there was 3 major companies fighting against each other to be the best. The comsumer would win big time.

Last edited by Ed Roberts; 2009.05.18 at 09:26 AM.
Ed Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote