View Single Post
Old 2016.11.30, 08:31 PM   #947
The G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8or View Post
Hey guys, another great day of mini-z, me and my buddy Eddie had a blast. Really sorry for the crashes he caused, but for someone that never had touched a competition rc car... he did pretty well, to the point of coming back in January and start practicing with us. Thanks for the patience guys, we need more members and you all did amazing in getting the rookie some space to adapt, appreciated.

Thanks Grant for hosting again, I love the fact that we're starting to do this more often. I absolutely agree if you want to raise the prices of the daily fee, I'm the first one to support the idea of having a prize draw and some trophies, but again.... this only makes sense if we're racing..... (oh here he goes again...blablabla...) yeah dudes, let me be more explicit without being excluded from the forum MAN THE F UP! We're having so much fun doing this, we're doing some individual battles, did a few with Grant and a few with Dave H, proper 'racing' during training.....why dont we do this on the clock! It puts extra pressure on your heads, it makes it even more fun... adrenaline. I honestly don't care if you raced for 100 years and you're the best in the world, I only care about what we do in our little club for now, that's where I spend my time. I don't mind if you use a better car, if it has 5 wheels and 10 cells, but please....please don't sit out in a 5 minute race. I cannot believe that you don't have fun anymore doing some nice and tight racing, if the problem is rules....please dictate the rules, if the problem is winning.... I can sign a paper losing them all in advance I don't really care, but I need you guys to RACE! I'm dead serious! Let's draw some turns TOGETHER!

I spent 100 bucks to come to this meeting.... I did a single (maybe a couple) 5 minute race with Ryan, Dave H and Dave W, best 5 minutes of the day.

For the future... so simple...... free practice for 2h, 3 qualification rounds with 1h open track in the middle, final B with 4 drivers, best 2 bump up, final A with 4 drivers.... call it 5 minutes...call it 10.......call it 15.....call it an hour...or 12.

Do a podium, draw a prize.....pair of tires! Give some trophies...paper is fine! Take photos, smile... publish! Make a championship.... do this 4 times, counts the best 3. Award the BC Mini-Z Club Champion a bottle of wine, champagne.....Cola Cola! Let's have a yearly Xmas Dinner in a proper restaurant where you celebrate the fact that mini-z scene still alive and we honour all the effort we do to be part of it

I'm I dreaming too big? Just tell me to shut up if this is absolute nonsense, won't be ofended and I'll rest my case, and I'll show up once in a while to take the rust from the cars.

Carlos 'The Dreamer'
I feel this posting was way out of line. After this post i asked myself why am i even bothering hosting. It made me pretty mad. I continued to feel this way until last weekend. I would've canceled Sundays gtg but i had already paid for the room. I was ready to send you home upon your arrival. Yeah i felt this strongly about your post. I decided to talk to you about it and decided to let you stay. I also had a talk with Thomas about various things r/c related topics. I even went around and asked everyone if they would like to race including yourself. Everyone was on board that wished to do so. All you had to do was organize an equal class to run. You asked me if i was going to race and i said no. It is my choice to make, your reply was then i don't want to race then. I have been repeatedly told by you in our conversations. If i am not racing, i am not having any fun. This i can not believe. I am always having a great time. I came back to the house packed away the track and had dinner. I gave my friend Micky at Racing Devil a call. I asked him if they have been running any mini z on Saturdays. He told me no there's been nothing going on for almost two years. After this i went online and ordered some handout AAA batteries. I have a class of racing that myself and others would agree to race in. Then Monday i read a few nice postings. Thanks for hosting etc. Later on i read the Thomas post wow, how he's changed in the last few years. More politics more racing talk and so forth. Then it's getting ugly between Thomas, Steve and you Carlos. It just keeps going to the point where i have had enough of it. I first talked to Ryan. I had to make a tough decision, if i want to host again in Langley or not. The clubhouse is like my home when we are using it. I am responsible for everything that happens within it. The club is welcome to use my clubhouse anytime. For as long as they need a place to run. To Carlos and Thomas you are no longer welcome at my place. At this time, i need my personal space from both of you. Sorry.