View Single Post
Old 2016.12.02, 03:27 PM   #950
TheSteve
VE7FM

Thomas,

I don't want these forum posts to go on forever but do respect your right to reply and give your opinion.

When Ryan stepped on my car I was pretty upset - brand new car, first set of batteries through it. Yep I was pretty angry. Pretty sure everyone knew I was upset too. There was no cursing though, I packed up my stuff and left. The chassis sustained a lot of damage. Most of it was parts I had planned to replace anyway(diffs, chassis, axles). Ryan offered to replace anything broken, in the end he replaced the body which I was 100% happy with.
You mentioned in your post that we were still going on about it. There is no secret that Ryan takes his fair share of abuse for that incident but there is absolutely no resentment or bitterness on my part. More then anything I look back and laugh about it. On the plus side Derek needed some McLaren parts when painting a body so the damaged one was donated to him.

I have no problem apologizing for calling you an idiot(although you called me words that we'd get banned for writing on this forum, but whatever).
I never want to hit or damage another car - and I certainly never want to damage my own. I still can't understand how it would even be 1% my fault for hitting your car. I don't know why your car was stopped on the outside of the straightaway, but that was the line I was using. If I know that someone is stopped on track I will always slow down or avoid them. Again I hate damaging my own car(especially my green bodies). If I am stopped on track and someone hits me I generally apologize for being stopped on track, and if I get hit for being stopped it is my own fault.

So there you have it, that is hopefully all I have to say.