View Single Post
Old 2011.01.12, 07:03 PM   #5
Felix2010

The PN A-Arm for the 02 was the reason I didn't get rid of any of my 02's either

The 02 chassis also has more space inside to play with if you want to do custom work (I added a Nelly and no way would a Nelly fit inside the 03 chassis. I have an RA-22 + Nelly MR02 with PN A-Arm, and I like it a lot

But... Now with PN's 03 A-Arm (Hand's-Down the best front suspension for the 03) I am thinking the 02's days are numbered for me

I am going to try the Kyosho bottom CF stiffener plate for the 03. There has to be a way o fidget with it to get the benefits without raising the ride height tremendously or scraping the track. I don't run the cars ultra-low anyway, so I bet even withe the K CF 03 chassis plate my 03's will still ride higher off the track than color0's ridiculously-low MRCG setups he runs (Not a negtive towards you at all color0, I love the way your chassis+cars look)

Also I did see what look like brass rods mounted underneath a Reflex car on the http:// reflexracing .blogspot. com/ . If it works, then it looks like the simplest solution. Also adds weihght to the dead-bottom of the chassis maintaining ultra-low CG.

About the minimum weight restrictions.. I hear ya. Why have a super-light chassis if you have to add weight to make minimum requirements? I will answer my own question here : You cn add that weight to any particular place on the chassis you choose. Want more steering? Move the weight toward the bottom-front chassis. More rollout on turns? You can try moving the weight upwards on the chassis until you find the perfect spot. Just another tuning option; You don't have to settle for the additional weight being wherever Kyosho made the plastic thicker on the chassis. You can control added weight, just like in stock car racing. I have to say I like adding weight where I want to add it.