View Single Post
Old 2011.01.13, 04:07 PM   #9
Felix2010

I got a little excited there for a minute about the new PN Dbl A-Arm Front Suspension for the 03... It is just personal opinion, missed the "IMHO" key on that one. No harm intended or aimed at anyone, I apologize

Lots of good info here. I am going to try to get a K CF MR03 chassis-stiffener plate kit.
@lfisminiz - Say I have an MR03 chassis that I want to add the CF stiffener plate to, and the RTR bottom-chassis ride height (Chassis-to-RCP) is roughly 2mm with batteries installed; Maybe the bottom chassis is 2.2mm-2.4mm max from the ground. Is this adequate to install the Kyosho CF bottom-chassis plate without having to raise chassis ride-height? What if the RTR chassis ride height is in the 1.5mm to 1.9mm range for ground clearance? Would this be adequate to plug-and-play the 03 CF chassis plate onto this MR03 and not have ground clearance issues? Just approx of course, when I actually see the CF chassis plate for the 03 I will do what needs to be done to maintain enough ground clearance so to not scrape the RCP at all during a run

@ CT - Have you experimented at all with the CF chassis plate for the 03? If so, Any good? Do you like it on your car or would you rather go with the brass rods?
Also, CT - would you consider racing an 02 main chassis' car again if you found that a particular track you were about to have a race at had crazy-good grip? Or is attaching brass rods to the 03 chassis the way you would handle this situation instead? One last thing - What about CF laminate strips glued to the 03 chassis in place of the brass rods? Like say, if you wren't looking to add extra weight to the chassis, only stiffen the 03 chassis?

Thank you for everyone's help