View Single Post
Old 2011.07.03, 11:44 PM   #5
b.c.ninja

As far as track surface is concerned, we run on the Kyosho Track, we are a small club in NZ where all the members biff in a bit of cash when they join and we use that for track and timing gear ect, its pretty much a weekly get away from the missus setup that also allows us driving time as practice for our larger scale RC. We have over 5 Kyosho starter tracks as well as a whole bunch of add on track parts and we usually arrange the track so its as big as possible with a good ratio of technical sections and high speed sections, the traction is a bit low as our previous venue was the floor of a large engineering workshop, so there is a lot of dust and debri.
As far as running foam tires, this was due to cost, they don't wear, we used to run the kyosho radials(which I recycle for my fronts) but after a few meets we would have to shell out for some more, the foams just last forever and provide higher traction.

I think I'll go for a stiffer top spring as the issue is when I hammer the throttle down just after a turn, all in all there has been some good info here so cheers for the help.

Also could anyone recommend a good tire and wheel combo (other than the foams of course) to suit my mosler body and that are suitable for low traction tracks.
b.c.ninja is offline   Reply With Quote