View Single Post
Old 2006.02.24, 12:53 AM   #8
herman

the fet job with the new motor was great… i could distinctly notice that acceleration was a whole lot faster and better & i was able to keep up with some of the cars on the main straight, but the turns proved to be a whole different story for me altogether…

my choice of racing line was much to little to be desired even for my liking (in spite of the mid motor mount, it felt a bit tail happy as i slightly fought the tendency of the rear spinning out)… that plus the fact that my driving skills were a, er quite below par for the track… this resulted in much longer lap times compared to the other drivers…

although the car was obviously much faster, i realized that i would have to dial it in & make fine adjustments that would suit my driving style on that particular track, something i didn’t have the luxury of doing, given the time… so i just stuck it out for a few more laps with some of the guys… until i was rear ended (grrr… grrrr…) resulting in a broken stock t plate… after getting a replacement –(make that cf please)… it was back to the track (the track has a display area that sells parts, mostly atomic… this saves you the trip of going all the way back to kws – pretty convenient, much more logical) …. and before i knew it my hour was up…
herman is offline   Reply With Quote