Thread: Servo twitching
View Single Post
Old 2002.01.16, 09:22 PM   #13
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Little known fact that I found hillarious... I have seen many places say to screw the TX antenna down nice and tight.

Well.... with the TX the Mini-Z comes with , this does not matter, heck you dont even need to screw it down!!!

Why!? cuz the screw has no wire on it! the way it contacts to the antenna is it just rests against 2 metal tabs wich are intern screwed down to the circiuit board in the TX.

I have taken mine apart and seen, I knew I should ahve taken a clsoe up photo of it, dont want to take the plastic apart again, would be the 5th time, those screw threads starting to strip

I have when it was apart last, in hopes of improving the braodcast signal run a stainless steel wire, same one I use for my replacment antennas.. I screwed this into the antenna screw, and the screw that holds the little contact onto the circuit board... this didnt do diddle squat.. its still a bad broadcast. - or at least my Mini-Z still cant filter out the background radio noise...

Just had to add that, since I forgot long long ago when I hit make new thread and forgot what I was going to type... hehe. Thnx for the reminder Mondo .