View Single Post
Old 2004.01.20, 02:30 PM   #14
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
If the rail were to have a L shape lip on the bottom for a magnet to lay down on.. I could source some magnets to hold the rails down to a piece of flat steel under the carpet? sandwich it down? this owuld prevent fiber damage with repetitive pulling of the velcro...

Fibers are the reason every one hates to use Ozite for Mini-Z tracks... even though the racing Ozite is SUPOSE to not give fibers off it still does...

I asume the one track in your photo was NOT stored propperly? its kinda wrinkled in that photo...

The advantage to foam tiles, why I decided to go back to them, after pondering many different materials.. is I can lay it out on grass area if I wanted too... this would be kinda uneven if layed on grass with out a sheet of wood or something under it...

note: (I still aint made my dang track).

All ozite tracks I have used Mini-Z on (2, and a few laps on a 3rd) have had VERY POOR traction... and these were supose to be Racing Facilities

And you can order ozite in the 12' wide rolls from Ozite .

However there is one advantage to using Ozite/Carpet type of track... you can Intentionaly make large hills, or wripples, by putting things under it... for overland obstacles...

Last edited by Draconious; 2004.01.20 at 02:33 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote