View Single Post
Old 2006.03.09, 08:33 PM   #1
MagicMan
Mini-Z Magician

Send a message via ICQ to MagicMan Send a message via AIM to MagicMan Send a message via MSN to MagicMan Send a message via Yahoo to MagicMan
Post New NYC -Tight Technical Track- READ ME!

Ok here's how it goes. I have space that is totally free, and electricity that I'm not getting charged for. My best friend (EMU) has a 'Mini Tile 96' track with some expansion, and extra turns. I have this track in this lot.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Picture003.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Picture002.jpg

If you guys are wondering how big that is in scale to a Mini-Z, watch this video of me running a S2000. Generally a small car, but you guys get the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UphqeZ4Y58

I'm open to any names you guys have in mind for the track, I've thought up some silly ones, last one was Triple T RCP (Tight Technical Track). Open to suggestions.

I'm looking for open minded, open class, hobby driven drivers and racers that want to get into this for fun. Not for trophies, or for a seat on the 1st place podium. Just some competitive fun. My feelings are as follows: Once you involve money in a hobby, people are going to be driving with the wrong reasons in mind. Also once you put rules and limits into a 'hobby' you are only opening the possibility for cheating, and believe me there will be cheaters. I do not like sore losers, and I do not like people that congratulate your winnings in front of your face, and spit on you and accuse you of cheating behind your back. There is no fun involved that way anymore. What good is a trophy if no one will congratulate you for it. I'm out with my Mini-Z's to have fun, it isn't my fault that I seem to have a natural talent for it.

On a small technical course, with minimal straights, fets or no fets, the setup and driver will determine the winner, NOT the top speed and torque. Those will have minimal reason as to your winning. I'd like to start this with no limits, and end it that way, I want to take the skill of Mini-z's to a whole new level. I am open to any sort of ideas/criticism/or replies of anything that you have in mind.

I know I'm opening a whole can of criticism here, but in a nutshell, that's what this thread is for.

Now according to my taste, I prefer a bit of a larger track, but when I say a bit, I emphasize 'bit'. This track with a master driver, can just get into high 6 second laps. So it's not as easy as it looks, and don't let the size throw you off. However, I don't have any more room for a larger track. I'm totally up for buying another Mini tile 96 and merging them. As a matter of fact I know someone that has another Mini Tile 96 that is willing to merge given the right location. So far there is no lap counter. So in conclusion, if you guys are out there, with huge lots, or have track sitting around, or have spent 1000's on a lap counter that you just so happen to have sitting around, lets merge and do something in this local Manhattan City. There is also a backyard to this place that I can totally make a Monster/Overland course in (Given the right weather, because that would be outdoor, not indoor). So the possibilities are endless! Hope to hear from you all!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Start your Criticism/Replies!

Sincerely,
Your neighborhood Magician.
MagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote