View Single Post
Old 2010.10.21, 05:22 AM   #12
Pierro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Most well full service hobby shops stock sheet stytene in .016 up to .060 thickness. If you set your body on the sheet and trace around the nose for an exact outline of the body then cut it off and adhere it to the bottom of the nose you will have a bumper that doesn't protrude and adds a great deal of strength to the noses of all the LM bodies whether they have headlight buckets or not. Once this is done the resulting pocket in the nose can be filled with a foaming Eurothane glue. Once it cures and is clearance ground you have a body that you can knock down buildings with.
I personnally use old cards to make an internal version of this. Everyone has old bank card, fidelity cards etc... You cut it in the same shape as the inside of the body and then glue it inside. To make a stronger one, try to glue it flat on the body holder.
I run all my bodies with such a reinforcement and it works great to keep your body alive longer. The ideal is when the body as a kind of flat hole where you can put the card. (The 2005 NSX and 2005 350Z have such a particularity)
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote