View Single Post
Old 2005.01.30, 02:57 PM   #6
Buckaroo_Banzai
It flies like a truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraPickles
I would like to see the FCC regs where this is stated to be legal... it is my understanding that it is not. Not that I care about legal or not, just don't like to see possible gray area info that could somehow cause someone a legal problem in rare instances.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...2000&TYPE=TEXT

-pickles N3MF
I totally agree. I'd like to have more channels but I don't want to interfere with anything important, and the reg you cited on the web page appears to be very clear about what freqs the AM 27 bands can use... and there's only 6 specific freqs.

However, that raises these questions... if there are only 6 specific freqs that can be used by AM R/C then how can the ch 7-12 xmod crystals be legal? Because they're using off freqs not specifically listed on that website. And if those off freqs can legally be used then why can't the other slightly higher freqs in the 27 range be used as long as they're in between the CB channels? You risk getting interference in your car, but I doubt you'll interfere with more powerful transmitters very much.

I don't know about the actual legality, but common sense tells me that if you stay within the 27 band referred to on that website, and keep between the CB channels where you're less likely to walk on a CB'er, you'll probably won't interfere with any rescue, fire, CB conversation, etc and so therefore they probably won't be out tracking you down. Just a guess... I'd really like to know for sure.
Buckaroo_Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote