Thread: F1 Servo Issues
View Single Post
Old 2018.05.20, 10:58 AM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
F1 uses mr02 servo gears. Swap in another set. Give the rear a light fine grit sanding to remove any excess flashing that can rub between gears.

Give the pot a little clean behind the shield. When you reinstall the pot, a tiny fab of shoe goo or medium CA to hold it in place of it moves.

Check for any bind between the knuckle and tie rod. Ensure that the knuckles don't hang up when rebounding.

Many steering issues on the f1 cars actually come from the rear of the car too. Lateral play in the side plates or a slipping differential are the two major culprits there. It can feel like the trim goes off center of the rear pod shifts. If using side plates, I typically remove the rear most pair of screws to lengthen the effect of the side plates. Replacing the rear most set of screws with a knuckle axle, cut down... it should be looking enough to keep the side plate in position but not drag on the track.

I drill out the small plastic post near the front screw hole, and use a second screw there. It sounds a little complicated, but isn't... I can post some picture when I get home.

The standard f1 differential does not have keyed diff rings, and often slips on the right rear wheel. The rings should be glued to the half drives with a little thin CA. This will keep the car straight when applying throttle or hitting the brakes. Use as many balls as you can fit in the spur gear.