View Single Post
Old 2009.11.12, 02:35 AM   #41
ivanmartin18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Cody, he has made a mount that accepts the Kyosho MR02/015 t-plates... it screws through an extra piece on the chassis... which is screwed in to the main chassis with the 2 screws that are in front of the t-plate and 2 screws that are between each pair of batteries. You can see this in the picture of the bottom... It looks like a nice design.

I believe that the damper post is also attached to this t-plate mount...
Thanks EMU for your explanation, it's exactly like you said. I'm not very good explaning myself in my mother tongue so imagine what happens when i try in english :-)

Whatever, here there are a couple of images in wich you can see better how is it.

Behind the t-plate there is a normal 02 triangle mount that is used to separate the t-plate form all the other surfaces and to leave it free for movement (like a MR-02 or 03).
Behind the triangle mount there is a "big" carbon fiber T that is secured with four screws to the main chassis and that is what i've called the t-plate. This t-plate mount is full of holes as you can see in order to use all the MM wheelbases just moving the screws, there is no need anymore to change motor-mount or DPS.

The last thing that i added to the proto is a last "layer" made out of 2.5mm alluminium that makes easyer to replace the t-plates in an easy way and helps to hold the DPS post. Before the screws that hold the t-plate were tighten with normal nuts but it was quite complex to change it so i decide to go in this way... This alluminium piece is hold with two screws to the t-plate mount when the t-plate is not installed and with 4 screws when the t-plate is on it. I think is a very tought system.

Thanks for seeing!

Best regards
ivanmartin18 is offline   Reply With Quote