View Single Post
Old 2016.12.22, 03:45 PM   #21
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Y View Post
Hi Eugene,

All points are valid. The bottom line is this chassis is amazing. Full stop. It, in fact, beats the fastest lap time of a fully modified brushless MR03 at our track. You can imagine how this is possible as the wheelbase is longer, giving stability and it uses those huge F1 tires which have a much larger contact patch than a touring car tire.

We were able to take the hassle out of F1 and make it fun again. I can't recall how many times I wanted to throw my old F1 at the wall; it handled so inconsistently.

I'd suggest if you are a F1 fan and I know you are. Get it. The kit is not for beginners. Also we have plans as they say....
I was close to equal in pace with my f1's to mr03... But it was a lot of work and tweaks to get there. I can see with this chassis how it would pace faster than an mr03.

Everything looks clean, and easy to work on. It is nice to finally get some good development on this chassis. It has been stagnant for so long.

A couple off questions, is the metal brace that connects the motormount to the front if the chassis included? is that spring steel?

Can racer alloy motormounts be used? What is the distance from the t-plate holes to the axle? In some of my own designs, I was working with a 94mm mount with a t-plate for an f1 half chassis that retained the servo and front end, but attached just behind and held battery compartment and pcb \ suspension mounts.

Thanks for taking on this project Shawn, it is no easy process to develop a chassis such as this. I Can only imagine how many prototypes and how much track time you must have gone through to get to where you are...

I would assume that the atomic 17mm motors would be a good alternate for a brushed motor. They should have more gearing options than the larger 130 can motors. They will be a little down on power in comparison to the 130, but would be very smooth.

Last edited by EMU; 2016.12.22 at 03:56 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote