View Single Post
Old 2005.12.21, 07:57 PM   #9
SteveR1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taazz
I followed some advice in another thread and swapped the servo motor wires around and got steering. I was also able to get one of the Pro boards to work in an 01 Z after playing around with the wire order.

Ran at least 4 packs of batteries through the Iwaver at the track last night. It is very smooth, handles well, and tracked very well down a 30 ft straight.

I was running mid 9's and 28 laps with my MM Enzo. The Iwaver could only muster a low 11 and 25 laps. I was running 10 degree Iwaver tires in the rear and the tires tha came with it in the front. The Enzo was running a made in Japan stock Z motor (has the curved slot in the end bell) and the Iwaver was running the made in China stock motor (straight slot in the end bell) Perhaps with grippier tires and a the faster made in Japan motor the Iwaver might break into the 10's, but I just don't see it keeping up with a 02 Z.

We can't even run the Evolution Xmods on the same track with the Mini Zs due to the radio interference from the Kyosho and Futaba Radios. The steering on the Xmod is choppy and jerky compared to a Z or even the Iwaver but is a vast improvement over the 1st generation Xmods.

Bottom line if you are going to race it, buy a Mini Z. Otherwise it would appear that Xmods and Iwavers need to be run in their own class to be competitive.

Oh and one of the transmittters stopped working, something which I have read about being a problem. On the other one which I hadn't used until yesterday, the blue light does not come on when you turn the radio on. The lack of quality saga continues.
Radio problems referring to the IWaver and not the XMOD?
SteveR1960 is offline   Reply With Quote