View Single Post
Old 2018.12.09, 11:41 AM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Sorry for a late response, I missed the notification of your reply.

750mah cells i charge at 500mA, 800-900mah cells i charge at 700mA.

Discharge should be at the maximum rate that you can discharge at, with a higher cutoff of 1.1v or even 1.2v. I find after a quality run, my cells are usually around 1.15v to 1.2v, so this data is much more useful than capacity of the entire discharge curve.

I don't see an advantage to charging aggressive besides the first minute or two being fast and then a larger drop off in power through the run. A lower charge rate will give a little less initial punch right off the charger, but the cells discharge will remain flatter than an aggressive charge. This will give you a car that feels similar in thr first minute as it does in the last minute of a race.

I don't think that nimh cells really need regular discharge/cycles if you use them consistently. If anything, constant full cycling wears them out a little faster. I only discharge my cells to extract data on their health and to group them into packs. I find that using a higher cut off as explained earlier gives you the more useful data, since capacity at a lower voltage does not help racing.

Last edited by EMU; 2018.12.09 at 11:44 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote