View Single Post
Old 2011.02.08, 02:06 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca View Post
DRIFT
...Having a night dedicated solely to drifting will be nice because we'll have the entire area to work with, we can just use the 1/10 barriers and whatnot with our other obstacles.
So setup s/b a doddle compared to laying out the RCP! Awesome!

Quote:
THEME RACE
While multiple drivers may not be realistic for a particular series, it could allow people who may not own an eligible car to compete in a race they otherwise wouldn't be able to...though problems could arise if you happen to obliterate someone elses body or damage their chassis while driving their car
Really excellent call bringing teams into this - since not everyone has every chassis etc. - and I do like the idea of a fixed lap race; we've also talked about doing e.g. night stages w/ required use of lights (either pit to swap on a body w/ them installed or for the EE nerds maybe even set up remote switch-on!), and for example simulated rain via absurdly hard tires etc. for other events - could potentially incorporate some of these ideas too...? I got my little 808 cam working at last so w/b cool to capture some on-board footage from these races too!

Quote:
RALLY
Rally races are something else I'm definitely interested to see happen, complete with elevation, jumps (within reason) and surface changes.
Note that we do have Off Road RCP and an RCP Tracks Jump Kit that w/b great for this too...

Quote:
AUTO-X + GYMKHANA
I think it would be pretty easy to add an autocross series alongside pretty much any of these events as well if anyone was interested in such a thing.
Only trick here w/b timing - need to either make it loop back to cross the line - or I'm sure we could come up w/ a simple alternate timing system... ?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote