View Single Post
Old 2006.08.06, 12:05 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Migration from OLD gallery to NEW gallery

Due to difficulties and desire to see this completed, we have decided to take a sure fire route to get this done. I posted the thread in the gallery subforum. We are posting this announcement here as a means to ensure all those who want to do this see this news.

I have the entire gallery on dvd(s).

Step One
-Find the album number and/or names for the gallery/nested galleries in you member gallery. You can do this by trying to rename the gallery. It will prompt you with the current number/name.

Step Two
-Post a list here of the gallery name/numbers you want to keep and or move to the new gallery. I will mail you a cd/dvd with the requested gallery/galleries.

Step Three
-Upload to new gallery website. This no longer requires you to otain a password from us. you simply login using your same login/passowrd. The structure is a bit different so it may take some getting used to.

Tips
-Most of the images should be rather small in file size. zip as many as you can fit into under 2mb files. Upload the zip files one at a time. Change the number of images to process to a high number. This moves much faster than simply doing it 5 images at a time.

Please ONLY post to the thread in the gallery subforum with either questions regading this process or requests.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote