View Single Post
Old 2019.05.06, 02:47 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Is there a current weight limit set? I couldnt see one in the rules.

My opinion is that the stock class should be AAA NiMh, 70t/3500kv. Open commercially available chassis and electronics. The largest constraint here is that there are few chassis that have AAA compatibility. It would allow competition in the class for any possible new entries into the AAA chassis market (although most if not all develop new cars for lithium now).

I would be in favor of a second class (Group B), which would permit brushed motors down to 43t and brushless to 5600kv on AAA NiMh, and restrict Lithium 8.4v limit to 3500kv motors. With the weight limit in place, it should close the gap significantly that the lithium based cars have over the AAA based cars and allow the newer chassis designed around lithium to compete. A third sub class (Group C) of fully open could run with this second class but possibly be scored separately. For the track size, there would be less of a jump between stock and group B than there would be in group B to C which should allow them to race together on the same track more easily if a 3 car race would be kept rather than switching to a time trial format. I think that there would be more interest in a power restricted 2nd class than there would be in a full open class as it would allow AAA based cars to compete more easily. The weight limit would be key for balance of power as the lithium based cars are considerably lighter by default.