View Single Post
Old 2011.09.21, 10:50 AM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks Grant!! It would be totally awesome if you could come out. I know it's not a good weekend for you, as you probably have other plans

RULES

Kyosho Stock:

Chassis: Any Kyosho 2WD Mini-Z chassis excluding formula 1.
Track Width: 80mm max (Must be original to the body selected)
Wheel Base: 86-106mm (Must be original to the body selected)

Body: Kyosho ASC only!

Wheel wells may be altered for tire clearance but may not be trimmed fore or aft to accommodate alternate wheel bases. Cabin windows must be retained but may be lightened internally, polycarbonate (Lexan) windows NOT allowed. Headlight buckets and lenses or covers must be retained. Taillight lenses and housings must also remain installed. The rear fascia maybe cut but only minimally for track clearance. Small body parts such as mirrors, canards and exhaust pipes must be installed, but canards can be slightly modified to keep from catching on track walls. If something is to break while on the track, it does not have to be reinstalled. Reinforcement to the inside of the body is legal, but hidden from view while looking at the outside of the body. The body must appear stock as Kyosho intended it to look.
Width: 82mm max.
Length: 200mm max
Height: 60mm max
Wing: Only wings original to the body are legal, and must be installed. If you have to replace a wing, it must be form the same model, and as long as it matchees (race directors judgement) can be a different color than the stock one. (ex: You can paint a wing from a white body kit of the same body black, and run it on your ASC legally.)

Electronics: Kyosho standard electronics only. FET upgrades are NOT legal.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed).

Wheels: Wheels must be original to the body being used.

Tires: Any rubber tires that properly fit on the wheels.

Min Weight: None.

Motor: Kyosho stock motor only.

Motor Mount: Kyosho plastic motor mount associated with the body selected only!

Suspension: No upgrades allowed. Shimming and modding (modification, not exchange for aftermarket) is allowed, but only suspension that is associated with the stock motor mount and body are allowed. Ex: No fitting of LM damper to 98mm pods, etc. Only a top spring is allowed for anything other than LM. Greases and oils are permitted. Only parts associated with the stock front end can be used. Parts can be modded, but not used on a different front end. Ex: No MR-02 king pins on MR-03s front ends. Bascially, you can do what you wish with the parts that come with the kit, but you can NOT add anything other than these parts. Stock springs (front and rear) ONLY! Stock T-H-plates ONLY!

Bearings: Bearing of any brand may be used.

Okay, So I am still getting flooded with questions and comments about the Stock class. I want to make one last clarification. This should make it easier to follow. You use what is in the box only, plus bearings and tires. You can not modify the chassis in anyway. The little yellow cap on the motor can be removed (only because some stock replacement motors do not have them). The only modifictations allowed to the body are reinforcement (It must be done within the body, so it can not be seen) and decals. Please keep the decals to tasteful level. These should be used to add color to darker bodies, and for a visual distinction from popular bodies that will likely get run by many drivers. I encourage the use of decals to customize your car for BOTH of these reasons, but retain the right to reject anything that I deem is overboard. One example I can think if is huge "name" graphics across the windows of the cars.

Please remember, this class is for driving, and showing off ASC bodies!
DON'T MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT IS!! This should be the most simply written class, and it is getting so much attention that I feel like dropping it for a more Landon typical class, and not limiting anything but motor. I know that would be a mistake, and hopefully this will be the last clarification. All the previously posted rules in the Rules section still stand. This class should be the most fun, with the least investment, and the closest racing!!

GT1:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale 2WD chassis.
Track Width: 80mm max
Wheel Base: 86-102mm

Body: Kyosho ASC, White Body or equivalent (R246, TRP, Iwaver, X-Mod, etc...) hard plastic bodies allowed, excluding LM-LeMans Prototype bodies or Can-Am/Pan-type bodies. No thin shell Lexan/polycarbonate bodies allowed. Bodies may be altered for wheelbase but a maximum wheel opening of 31mm measured horizontally must be maintained. Wheel wells may be altered for tire clearance but the body must cover the tire completely when viewed from above. Cabin window must be retained but may be lightened internally, polycarbonate (Lexan) windows allowed. Headlight buckets may be removed but lenses or covers must be retained. Taillight lenses and housings may be removed. The rear fascia or bumper maybe cut but no higher than 18mm from the chassis bottom plane. Holes are legal in the remaining fascia. Small body parts such as mirrors, canards and exhaust pipes may be omitted. Front air-dams, splitters and body sides may be trimmed for track clearance.
Width: 82mm max.
Height: 70mm max
Wing: All wings original to the body are legal. Aftermarket or non original wings must fit within the confines of main body. Wing must not extend higher than roof line relative to chassis bottom plane (excluding extensive roof scoops, for example Kyosho NSX), past widest point of body, or beyond rear of body work. This includes all parts of wing (side dams, etc...).

Electronics: Unlimited.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiCad, NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed)

Wheels: Any Mini-Z type wheels, plastic or aluminum.
Front: 9 x 22mm max
Rear: 11 x 22mm max

Tires: Any rubber Mini-Z type tires (no foam).

Motor: Any 130 size brushed motor. Brushless not allowed.

Can Am 1:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale 2WD chassis.
Track Width: 85mm max
Wheel Base: 90-106mm

Body: Atomic VDS (any version), PN Pan Car (any type), Le Mans Prototype or Can-Am style polycarbonate (Lexan) body (open or closed ****pit), Kyosho Le Mans ASC, White Body or similar.
Width: 85mm max.
Height: 60mm max
Wing: No limitation other than must fall within Body Width-Length-Height envelope.

Front: 11 x 22mm max
Rear: 11 x 22mm max

Tires: Any rubber or foam tires.

Batteries: 7.4V max. (Lithium based allowed).

Motor: Any 130 size motor. Brushless allowed.

Novice:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale or similar 2WD or 4WD chassis.
Track Width: 80mm max
Wheel Base: 86-102mm

Body: Kyosho ASC, White Body or equivalent (R246, TRP, Iwaver, X-Mod, etc...) hard plastic bodies allowed, including LM-LeMans Prototype bodies

Motor: Stock Kyosho, ReflexRacing 70t, PN 70T, or 80T. May look into providing PN 80T hand-out motors, so this is subject to change.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiCad, NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed)

Tires: Any rubber Mini-Z type tires (no foam).

Any questions and comments will be addressed!

Please let me know what classes you plan to participate in, so I can update the divers list!

DRIVERS LIST:

Kyosho Stock:
Alex
Andy
Chad
EMU
Landon
Micheal
Mike
Rodney
Shafiq
Wade

GT1:
Albert
Alex
Chad
Chris
Dustin
Ed
EMU
Josh
Landon
Matt
Micheal
Mike
Pedro
Rodney
Shafiq
Shelby
Wade

Can Am 1:
Albert
Andy
Chad
Ed
EMU
Josh
Landon
Matt
Micheal
Mike
Pedro
Rodney
Shafiq
Shelby
Wade

Novice:
Dan
Cade
Drake
Gavin
Oliver

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2011.10.31 at 02:42 PM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote