Thread: Printed bodies
View Single Post
Old 2012.01.05, 09:56 AM   #10
Fovea3d

2.7 RS: this is what it should look like
I thought of modify a 934 white body into a RS but that would be too much work. +1 for the assorted Fuchs wheels...
Oh and added the BMW 2002 turbo to the list.

Digitalis: Thanks, yes the problem with Shapeways is that it is rather basic and public than professionally oriented, there is certainly a way to obtain the correct material with pro suppliers, for now I will focus on the design of the models themselves. They still can be made by other RP companies as they all support .stl, why not for special orders.

I will stick some time with the ease of use of the SW shop. Probably things will improve their side too as they keep toying with new equipments and materials. Also it may be good for the hobby if a collection of MZ bodies stands out in the Shapeways catalog.

Probably I could build my own shop and freely choose a specific supplier, if it takes off. We will see.

Today I received the first body designed for the MZ chassis. Again, the material is awsome. The weight is just under 24 grs, including the bodyclips and attached accessories. The body is quite big, comparable in size to the BMW M3 K body.

More pics

The front clip is printed with the body as a whole, it is positionned above the slot (and not in it ) Pre-cut and easy to take away.

The side clips are integrated and reinforced

The typical muffler of the GTE is also integrated

Some support material is stuck and hard to remove from the grill On the V2.0 I will design a less recessed grill.

The weight This was before cutting the front clip away

The real car
My mini-z collection

Last edited by Fovea3d; 2012.01.05 at 11:03 PM.
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote