View Single Post
Old 2012.01.26, 10:32 AM   #20
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I Have an iPhone & I'm the one that controls most of our races functionality at our meets.

I think something like this would be quite useful!

EDIT: I finally had enough time to read through this thread...
The location we race from has no wireless, but the iPhone does allow you to run a personal hotspot, so you could hook the laptop up to the iPhone's wireless & therefor get the connection that is needed to have it on the same network.

pinwc4: Are you able to share the current program as an .ipa ? I happen to maybe have a jailbroken app so I wouldn't need to get it from iTunes to install it. =)

I currently use a Remote Desktop App from my iPhone to the laptop and just remotely move the mouse to the Start Race and click on it.
I then also get a local close copy of all the laptimes etc, as I usually stand far away from the PC.
I also did this with my iPad last time and it just kicked butt!

Having an app to start stop the race would be nice, and also having one to see laptimes for the racers themselves might be usefull.
I know more than enough of the racers I run with have smart phones.
As for security, set a local admin password that the app has to use to auth against that way you can make the app auto discover the Lap counter and conenct, you just gotta make sure the admin password is set correctly.

Anyhoo, that's enough from me for now!

I had an awesome conversation with pinwc4 last night.
Thanx for all your time bud!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2012.01.26 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Addendium
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote