View Single Post
Old 2019.04.04, 06:29 AM   #72
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
For what it’s worth, I would not participate either if it meant packing another radio. I simply do not want to carry around extraneous equipment if i don’t need to as i also pack and travel with my stuff. I think most do outside of those that attend more events and or have 3rd party platforms.

To the economics side of this, the Kyosho Cup rules were VERY strict and naturally, Kyosho brand dependent which makes sense if they are trying to also advertise and generate sales with events. It however makes less sense now than it did 5-10 years ago when Kyosho was for the large part, the only player in the scale. That simply isn’t the case anymore and Kyosho is just one of many retail options at the scale and likely to find themselves on the outside if they continue with strict exclusionary format. Not that a stock GLR/A or BR/Z whatever class would even come close to being cost competitive to a Kyosho chassis. The scale is more than just Kyosho now and the term Mini-Z is more of a scale descriptor than a proprietary product term. A side effect of their own success really.

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.04.04 at 06:34 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote