View Single Post
Old 2015.01.26, 03:25 AM   #8
JesseT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
Great thread ianc
And thank you for all the updates and pics, very informative and insightful.

The sub chassis in this build has some great new features, including the detachable side rails. This is a question for Jesse, but I hope you don't mind me asking:

>>> Do all the "v6" sub chassis have the new detachable side rails? The Shapeways website description and pics don't show detachable side rails on the complete sub chassis "v6" sets.

>>> Also a question for Jesse, have you implemented any of the updates you noticed into the design as of yet? Such as
*Beefed-up side rails;
*Clearance for chassis rear knobs;
*And more space for pinions

All the revisions thus far have looked great.. I know these sub chassis' designs are constanty modified/upgraded - Which I love, BTW - And I'm just curious, If I place an order now (One month later since ianc's build) what design or "version" v6 sub chassis I will receive?
There is a v7 family of parts which have been just lately finalised and are to be released in any day in a new webshop at http://www.minizlove.com/
Then the parts will be available readily prepared, checked and with the needed screwset. All the three mentioned changes have been done, and much much more. The rear sets come now with two sets of motor cams. One for the brushless motors and another set for the brushed motors.
Also, the standard front will be realised in a completely different way. There will be a front suspension "monoblock" for the standard suspension just like the JRP double A-arm monoblock. So, changing between different readilybuilt suspensions or changing between A-arm and standard can be done in seconds without completely rebuilding the whole front of the car.
The sidelinks are beefed up and changed in design. All the screws are angled now to provide more clearance for the front tires at maximum lock.
Please take a look at the more or less final prototype car the picture of which is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20150121-WA0030.jpg (345.2 KB, 84 views)
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote