View Single Post
Old 2019.04.03, 09:47 PM   #70
mugler

I agree, existence of Near Box Stock Spec class (NBSS) is essential but I think the trick to maintain the class has not been practiced wherever it has popped up… that would be not advertising or looking at it as a gateway class for only novice drivers but as a true behind the wheel drivers class (vs equipment class) for all skill levels including all the way up to expert/pro drivers.
My idea of NBSS would be RWD with the radio that comes with and allowing any brand Tires / Bearings ( no ceramics though) / T-bars / front springs / lubes & drops / wheel nuts / any DDS system that will fit on the plastic motor pods of any WB on the equipment side and on modification side only allowing soldering or replacing any wires & cutting to reverse the original kingpin. If not mentioned here then not allowed.

Back in 2010 we raced at Kyosho America corporate headquarters and all except one of the stock class drivers participated in a Kyosho box stock class..that ended up being the closest race of the entire event with top 5 in the a-main finishing on the same lap!

Last edited by mugler; 2019.04.03 at 09:49 PM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote