Thread: AMZ 2wd Chassis
View Single Post
Old 2015.03.31, 02:17 PM   #21
67 Mustang

I think it would be difficult to lay the servo down because of the top structure which stiffens the chassis a great deal. It seems that you wouldn't want to eliminate that structure and I don't see any way to lay down the servo without weakening or eliminating the top structure. The top view pics I posted will help visualize this.
I'm not sure which parts you're referring to. I used the receiver that came with the Turnigy transmitter. You could use the same technique on any brand receiver of the correct size. I used the stock esc that comes with the car and just desoldered the three connections between the receiver and esc boards and then hardwired the esc to the receiver printed circuit lands of the Turnigy receiver.
The steering linkage I made was from some old helicopter parts I've had and not used for years. It was an E-sky heli and I got it from X-heli. I don't know if they are still stocking parts but you might look on their website. I think most any 450 heli parts would work. I would look for a "linkage rod" replacement set. The rod is about 30mm. long with a 1.5 mm. diameter.
Let me know if this is the info you wanted and if there are any questions.
Bob
67 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote