View Single Post
Old 2008.01.02, 12:51 AM   #1
mailboxck

Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck
New Version Firelap 2.0

I just recently ordered two Firelap 2.0 McLarens from ToyEast for Christmas. It was due to arrive on the 26th of December 2007, but it only got here on the 2nd of January 2008 due to the Christmas rush. Everything that I ordered arrived, however, one of the Firelap boxes had a small dent in it due to shipment. But none of which are ToyEast's fault.

Review of the Firelap 2.0

The Firelap McLarens were packaged well. What's included in the package are:
Firelap 2.0 chassis
McLaren body
AFM2 Transmitter
Instruction Manual
Parts Bag

The looked pretty good and as a previous owner of a Kyosho MR02, the Firelap stands up to the nearest competition. However, the plastic parts are not as well molded as Kyosho, but I'm not complaining for the price. As promised by Fangel from Firelap/Iwaver, the new chassis did come in a dark plastic color instead of the previously released light gray chassis. Because of this I am sure that what I got is the new Firelap 2.0. What I cannot confirm as of now is the durability of the chassis as I have not yet played with my Firelap as I am writing you this article. But one thing I definitely noticed is that the Firelap now has a servo saver. It was pointed out before that the old Firelap chassis didn't have a servo saver and merely have a plastic gear which looked liked one, but didn't serve a purpose. Now I can proudly say that the new Firelap does have a functioning servo saver.

Review to be continued...