View Single Post
Old 2018.07.24, 03:23 AM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_greeneyes View Post
I would think 70 comp is equal the same as GT 70 turn from the Carolina cup class. Just a little tweak on a chassis. Hope everyone knows the heads-up on weighing all the cars. 170g . Or probably top 3 ..right Shafiq?

As for the easy lap transponders I saw HobbyTown owner ordered a lot probably 100. So should be enough I'm actually going to buy two more. They're reasonable price because they come with two different harnesses 14 mini Z and one for aftermarket receivers
The Carolina Cup ruleset for GT3 (70t GT class) had a lot of details regarding body options, modification restrictions, height and setback of the wing... the only real similarities is 70t motor and AAA batteries. I loved the Gt70 rule set, but it is a little too restrictive for the event planned. It would be too much to tech. With so much going on for their first event, 70 comp will tech body, batteries, motors and tires.

For GT3, pedro built a beautiful tech jig to analyze the different restrictions. That's a little much to focus on in the program right now.

70 comp will fit a lot more under its structure. It's sort of a run what ya brung 70t class, which allows people to come with a lot of different styles of bodies and run what they're into. I've been thinking about reviving my old narrow f355...