View Single Post
Old 2014.07.24, 01:40 PM   #8
imxlr8ed

Here's my main point to why I want to keep it simple with 70turn, 6 tooth and stock diff.

I want anyone with an 02, a fetted 01, any non FHS Mini-Z... basically anything and everything that has been built or devised up until now when it comes to a 2WD chassis... to be able to join in and race.

I run 02s, call me crazy but I'm not a fan of the 03s. Out of the two 03s I have owned, I had experienced all kinds of breakages and stripouts. One was sold and one is in a plastic bag downstairs waiting for a grey plastic chassis which apparently will never be sold again? I think the front of the chassis on the 03 is way weaker than it should be. That's just me and my smelly opinon.

So... "Buy a Sport model and you can race with us."? Meh... most newbies are going to want to do stuff to their cars along with all of the other replacement parts they are gonna end up buying just to stay running. Besides... I don't really want to buy a Sport model, just that simple. I'm sure if Kyosho would have done the smart thing and put the Sport on a more viable radio protocol (Like ASF, Spectrum, FHSS, or any other hobby grade radio system) I'm sure I'd be singing a different song right now. To me, the FHS choice was a huge step BACKWARDS for where these cars need to go. They had the KT18, they had the ASF deal already going for the Z line-up... were they really paying that much money out to KOPropo for each Z sold? I doubt it! I'll bet there is a monster profit margin on the 03 Sports the way they are produced now. It's business and I totally get it but jeez man... FHS?!?!

sorry, sidetracked a bit

Anyways, I say we try the 6 tooth and stock diff combo on the 3rd and see where we end up from there.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote