View Single Post
Old 2013.01.07, 01:04 AM   #3
herman

fred also mentioned that their first mr03ve shipment just came in from japan… "oh wow" was all i could muster in response.… he called in somebody who i recognized as the guy at the pit table who directed me to the back, and introduced him as dave (aka d1nzfe on these forums), one of singapore's top drivers… fred went on to mention that dave qualified in the modified a-main class of the recently concluded 2012 indonesia open mini-z championship, i later found out fred qualified in the same modified a-main class...

as dave came over he showed me something, he was holding his brand spanking new, already hopped up mr03ve… i was completely bowled over when he asked if i wanted to try it out… although it was hopped up i tried it with the stock kt18 tx which was cool since i am quite accustomed to it…

first impression was that it was really really smooth (steering & throttle) and really responsive... it was like power on demand and it had lots of torque... it was the same thing with steering, it almost felt that there was an instant response to steering input… almost probably to a fault, if you're not used to this (like me) i guess you can dial steering response down a bit on programmable radios...

on the track i couldn't reach full throttle, it's just too fast… and coming off throttle, the motor feels like there is no drag brake, it just coasts and the closest thing i can compare it to is the dnano… however i figure that you can program settings (throttle & steering) to your liking once you get it hooked up to your computer... hmm… i kinda forgot to test the reverse function… probably some other time…

i would definitely like to get one at some point… thing is pricing, i asked fred how much? and if i remember it right, he mentioned 256-260 singapore dollars which roughly translates to 203-211 us$ kinda seems pretty reasonable to me... and really hope this type of pricing sticks... however, i do hope that the prices drop... the cheaper the better...

the new mr03ve just arrived... and i was just lucky to be there when dave was out testing it on the track

singapore top driver - dave (aka d1nzfe on these forums) and his new mr03ve (already hopped up!) nothing but smiles

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.JPG (390.1 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg 8.JPG (307.0 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg 9.JPG (239.7 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg 10.JPG (329.6 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg 11.JPG (281.1 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by herman; 2013.01.09 at 09:44 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote