View Single Post
Old 2017.11.14, 11:11 AM   #6
joeR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Z View Post
MAR racing in Japan have some good ramp setups. They are an rc Hobby shop who have a few indoor courses for mini-z, including our beloved buggy series.
Just go to u tube and do a search for 'mini-z buggy mar'. They are the first two vids that pop up.
It may provide some inspiration or not as your using an outdoor setup. Most of their ramps are made long and some have level takeoff point which may be handy for stopping the car from landing on its can...
Nice! Thanks for the tips! Those are some sweet setups and definitely gives me some ideas. I like how they incorporated "hills" in their track.

Yeah for the ramps mine are more level and not curved. I've added some of the spring spacers that came with the buggy and will see if that helps the buggy not bottom out so much on landings.

Motor-wise I'm still stock. At the moment they are fast enough for me, plus I want to get my kiddos involved so big speed will just end up with them breaking stuff. My wife was shocked when I told her how much these buggies were - I should have lied...

If I had the space inside I'd be doing a on-road RCP type setup, but since I don't all I have is my driveway to work with and the buggys are great in that regard. When running them inside the kiddos get all excited trying to chase them and I get all nervous as they get close to stepping on them!

About that Atomic part that protects the chassis from snapping - is it the "Atomic Mini-Z Buggy MB-010 Chassis Protection Skid Plate Cover" you are referring to? I wonder if I can still use the front bumper with that installed.
joeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote