View Single Post
Old 2005.11.06, 12:47 AM   #12
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
I am neither xmods or miniz, and i must say your post is well spoken and your point are valid. But looking at the data only the new allwheel drive mini-z is at least 75% or more a copy of the new RS's Xmods EVO. I know this post will be bashed endlessly but at the end of the day the data is clear. If you buy and run the new MINI-Z you will be in the same class as the xmods. The only diferance will be that mini-z ppl are much more educated.

call me crazy but thats the way i see it.
This is not bashing in anyway. No one in this thread has mentioned anything about the EVO v AWD Z until now. I do not think that is what Roketmini was intending this thread to be. A quick 2 cents on it though, there is really not much you can do in this scale different than mid-mounted motor and shaft drive. Belts would just be too hard and tiny to try to adjust or replace in this scale. I am not saying it could not be done, just seem impractical. As always, I could and probably am wrong.

I would not say Z racers are more educated that Xmod racers. I would say more mature. That all has to do with the cost of the cars. To me it seems like the average age of Z racers are 24-38 where as the average Xmod racer is in there teens. If I were not into R/C cars and my child wanted 1/28 scale car, I would lean toward the Xmod. Almost half of the price and available every 32 feet. (Seems like there are RS everywhere!) If they are going to just go out and beat the heck out of the car would you rather be out $60 or $120? I'd opt for $60. If they were going to be racing in a controlled environment, local track or under parental supervision, then I would consider going to the Z at $120.

Again, I would not object to and Xmod section, I do own 3 Xmods, in this forum even though there is one on the sister site, www.tinyrc.com. From the little bit I have gone through tinyrc there seems to be a bit more traffic through this forum and now with the shop combined into one spot, it might not be a bad idea to merge the forums.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote