View Single Post
Old 2012.04.12, 10:04 PM   #8
pinwc4

What RFick73 is correct. You should see it in the bottom left hand corner of the main screen when you open the program.

RFick73, there are some minor changes done for the next release of interest. There is a hotkey of q if you want the program to stop what it is saying.

Also if you double click on a racer during a practice race it will delete them out of the race. When they get detected again they will be added back into the race with reset values, similar to the way it works with free play mode.

I have done some tweaks as well to maybe solve what you saw sometimes with blockiness in the graphics at the end of a race.

The performance with writing results and speech I still need to look into. I do not do any database activity during a race because it could interfere with timing. So it all gets dumped when a race is completed. In the case of a really long race that can be a lot of data to get written which is why you see the slow down. I can maybe send that into a seperate thread with a lower priority so that the main program is more responsive. I can not do much about the speech though, it gets passed off to Windows immediately so I have no control on its behavior.

Most of my recent effort has been on supporting a full translation of the program to other languages, I underestimated how much work that would involve. But I will have a build posted in a few days that includes the above tweaks with others I have forgotten.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote