View Single Post
Old 2010.09.22, 09:26 AM   #4
ChiMiniRc

Yes, our primary focus is different. I wanted to make sure people could participate, even if they don’t own a car. To clarify, we don’t do rentals and we have many racers that bring their own cars. I just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance without having to make that initial investment. It’s a club and the club has cars and the dues cover access to everything. . I’m a big fan on working on cars too and for those in the club who like to tune, they not only work on their own cars but on the club cars too.

The effort is worth it! No need to keep your fingers crossed either. If you do it right, it’ll succeed. Just to make sure, I think a field trip is going to be in order for our club to visit your venue

Regarding the article. Big Squid’s primary focus isn’t on the professional racing scene. I do like their perspective though on how they feel the racing scene is failing the hobbyist. We both know it is important to introduce new blood into the hobby. Is the ROAR event worth completely dismissing? No. Does it bring in new blood? Debatable. I like that Big Squid is willing to have that debate.

I agree that part of the fun is continuing to get better and that is why we participate in How Fast Are You. That way the club members can not only compete against each other, but also against clubs worldwide. Do I wish the HFAY layouts where bigger? Sure. Do I hope our clubs can eventually have a point series? You bet .
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote