Thread: Beginner Hooked
View Single Post
Old 2017.04.10, 06:59 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
soap box rant for a bit

Sports 2 integrates gyro compatibility and if you believe what you hear, a fix to the shut down problem.

We can tell you it happens to both series 1 and 2. It happens wither or not you have or have removed the thermal fuse on the motor. It happens regardless of the tire combination used. It can happen repeatedly over and over. Duration of run or, meaning temperature, is not a reliable predictor. It does not happen to all cars. It happens to box stock cars with or without any option parts such as ball bearings, tires, h plates. Simply put, it's frustratingly perplexing and enough so it is hurting sales thus entry level growth. Our club has a demonstration fleet and it has affected all 4 cars at some point and two very frequently, so much so I don't put them on the track anymore and will be returning them to Kyosho USA. From a business perspective, it's shameful to put out a product with such propensity for failure as this should be caught in product testing, QC stages. It causes undo burden on the retailers that dell then have to service/return them. From an enthusiasts perspective, it seriously erodes confidence in the brand.

I fully support the sports series intention in providing a gateway product line however it should not come at the expense of reliability. who is going to gamble on investing in the more expensive lineup when the more affordable line is unreliable? Kyosho positions itself as a premium brand demanding a premium cost and delivering an average product in this case.

This being said, some people get lucky and get a kit with no problems, which only adds to the frustration in that your really picking blindly at the retail shelf. are you feeling lucky? that's the mindset in making a kyosho purchase for the sports series and that is simply HORRIBLE.

back to the topic at hand and JB3, I believe we have a solution mapped out for him and look forward to seeing him at the track again
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote