View Single Post
Old 2004.08.17, 05:15 PM   #12
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFBryant
27.....if you read my posts earlier...I told you Kyosho is in the loop with Iwaver. They ARE working together...remember?? So what you see very well may be Futaba and Kyosho parts....BUILT and manufactured in China. .....What you see maybe a prototype model.....without the Kyosho and Futaba symbols removed.
"I told you so" seems to be a reoccuring theme. Again, I reiterate big deal. MNCs tend to make products wherever there is cheaper labor and some agreements mandate that some technology be provided if the product is to be outsourced in the host country. What about HPI and Xmod? RCP and Kyosho? Futaba and Duratraxx? Or even when Ford and Mazda first got together. As the consumer, I want the best product for the cheapest price and I don't give a hoot where it is made. After all, the US is "not" a closed society. Every compare some of the 1/6th scale buggies out there? A lot of similiarities between the German made and the Chinese made, including the ones that will be sold by a major US distributor who supplies much of the Kyosho Mini-Z RC products.