View Single Post
Old 2013.12.05, 10:37 PM   #21
gctkaz

Not much to update, today I just took a little time to get my radio working with this chassis.

The module is a FlySky FS-TM002 which came from a TH9X radio. I think these can be bought separately or they also come with the old GT3 radio, but this means that anybody who flies planes or helis with a TH9X is ready for this car. I took a page from TrackmateDan at the last meetup and attached the module to my radio with an elastic band and a connecting cable. To make it work, there is a 10K Ohm resistor between PPM and +5V. Without the resistor, the module will bind but the car will not have any other reaction to input.

I only took it for a few laps around a tiny track to get the steering and such set up - I didn't even put the body shell on. Completely box-stock, it is a very quick car, and the tires are decently sticky. The relatively slow servo is actually not a problem, I could navigate chicanes of RCP only two 30cm tiles wide. The car can turn a circle inside two 30cm tiles, much more than you will need but the potential is there.

The real test will have to wait until meetups resume next year! I may order whatever hop-ups I want now, but I should put it on the big track box-stock for one day first.

edit: I forgot to mention, something strange about the charger - the label says 7.4V 800mA. If this is true, then it would not be able to fully charge a 2S LiPo/Li-ion. I put the stock battery on my B6 and ran a discharge/balance cycle and got 560mAh into it to 8.4V.

Last edited by gctkaz; 2013.12.05 at 10:46 PM. Reason: battery
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote