View Single Post
Old 2019.12.17, 01:04 PM   #26
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The v3 has the screw on the side that holds the end bell cap in place. It’s a rather recent thing apparently. Not something PN went out of their way to disclose other than quickly discontinuing the v3 and replacing with the v3.1. Not exactly a big deal given 70t and stock brushed motors have wide range of performance and PN is not the only manufacturer to have a slip in production/manufacturing on a product. There are a number of people with the out of tolerance v3 that can confirm this. Regardless, PN caught it, replaced it so it’s a nothingburger if you will. PN will tech for it at PN events so it would behove them to make that clear. Given the limited number of domestic PN events, again, not much of an issue other than should be made known so people don’t get caught in tech inspections with what may be an unknown technical tech fail. They may even state this now, I haven’t seen the latest rules.

The last thing I believe anyone wants to do is to have to go and track down versioning of motors for HFAY. Manufacturers simply don’t make this simple as they are not branded such and requiring specific variants of specific motors is a hassle most simple don’t want to have to deal with. It becomes a question of is the effort worth it on a practical level and speaking for other HFAY judges (club judge), I don’t need more work to do on race day...

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.12.17 at 01:07 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote