View Single Post
Old 2004.12.21, 08:59 PM   #54
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Okay, it's my turn. This is my idea of how the classes should be and why. First, only three classes, any more is spreading it awfully thin, especially in places where Mini-Z racing doesn't have a lot of support.

Stock - Stock Kyosho or Iwaver chassis, and stock 130 motor. Only minor upgrades allowed such as bearings and wheel nuts, and tires.

A very basic and cheap class like this is important for the newbies and those on a limited budget.

Super Stock - Still, Kyosho or Iwaver chassis, but mod motors allowed, and fet upgrades would have to be allowed on the Kyosho boards I guess since Iwaver has muddied that issue. Only bolt on upgrades allowed, in other words, the bulk of the chassis is still recognizable as an MR01, IW02 or whatever.

This would allow any suspension and drivetrain upgrades, but no homegrown or high tech ingenuity not available to the general public. The idea is that anyone could put together a competitive car, but their driving abilities will be tested with the higher speeds allowed.

Unlimited. - The only restriction is scale, must be 1/28 to 1/24 scale. It will be fun to see what people come up with!

If any of this resembles someone elses already posted ideas I apologize, I just didn't have time to read four pages of posts.

David