View Single Post
Old 2012.01.31, 02:39 PM   #1
targetingxmod

Gen1 X-Mod with Losi electrics and 7.4v lipo!

First:
Setup for carpet track:

-Front Diff almost locked, +100wt silicone oil on diff gears (makes cornering much more controlled)
-Rear Diff almost loose, just normal lithium 1:1 grease on diff gears (makes cornering much more conttrolled)
-Front springs stiff (Blue ones from Xmods kits) (makes steering better and controled)
-Rear Springs medium (Yellow ones from xmods kits) (makes steering on the back, easy, for the front)
-Front Tires more then 30º. Medium soft compound. (in here, softer will turn agressevely, hard will not steer at all.....)
-Rear Tires really soft to grip, less then 10º. Softer or very soft compound (GRIP an more grip, always needed for control)

Second:
This is going to be a X-Mod Gen1 from scratch but with Losi Electrics!!

In my country i buyed a second hand gen1 xmod fully dissasembled...
All parts dismantled and there are ones missing ....grrrrrrrrrrr

-It all start in this box...

-On here the chassis is alreay mounted... note the 4x4 home made from the previous owner...

-The Losi Electrics mounted! This came from my Micro Rally that i upgrade to brushless!

-The stock motor has to come out... and pinion out to!

-The arm of the motor is going to an Atomic normal CAN, the M1 doesn't fit on this arm... and no metal bearings yet for this atomic can

-The first thing on a RC, Metal ball bearings!!

-Losi electrics and the 7.4v lipo, and the losi 5 wire servo glued to the chassis! The last owner did not shared the black box of plastic that holds the original servo... but it was for the better!! (losi new servo )

Next thing.. is going to find alloy for it, and all over it!

A poor video of it runing... with the losi electrics and losi lipo 7.4v!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVP0JSnqmQw

all stock plastics...

Last edited by targetingxmod; 2013.06.24 at 12:58 PM.
targetingxmod is offline   Reply With Quote