View Single Post
Old 2017.06.22, 06:36 PM   #1
Inferius77

How to buy a Mini-Z/needed components?

I've been having difficulty figuring out the best places to buy a Mini-Z from, and also what I need to buy in order to be ready to drive it once I receive it. This isn't a really complex problem, and I bet the answer is relatively easy and straight forward. The more I've been browsing, the more I'm learning. However I'll still feel more comfortable getting approval of some experienced people.

So I started on the Kyosho America website, as I'm in America. I decided the chassis I want is the "MINI-Z MR-03VE PRO MM2 Chassis". I found it here. But no one has recommended buying from Kyosho. So then I found the same thing here on TinyRC, and for cheaper too. This a good purchase choice?

The description says I need a remote control aka "transmitter" and a body.

I cant seem to find a MHS transmitter. I figure I'm just doing something wrong. All I could find is this one. But that's 300 freakin dollars. Is MHS really expensive? Meaning I cant find one cheaper?

And look at this link. That's the kind of combo I'd like to buy, except two problems. 1.) Its not QUITE exactly the same chassis, am I right? and 2.) Its out of stock. Is it even relevant? Or is it just selling too fast?
I'd obviously rather have a bundle like that, instead of having to buy a transmitter separately. But I also want to make sure I have the latest tech on my chassis.

I'm not too concerned about help finding a body. I don't expect it to be very hard. As I understand it, most bodies will fit an MR-03?

[[EDIT]: I've been browsing for hours and it seems that if I want to buy the "MINI-Z MR-03VE PRO MM2 Chassis Set", my cheapest-yet-quality choice for a Transmitter is the KT-18? on tinyRC shop here

Last edited by Inferius77; 2017.06.22 at 11:09 PM.
Inferius77 is offline   Reply With Quote