View Single Post
Old 2005.10.31, 08:34 PM   #4
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Mini-z

Great new feature, I hadn't noticed we could do this with the new shop. One thing to note, though...it seems there is a word/character count limit on the reviews, but there is no mention of it where you enter your review (and no way to edit a review you have posted). Thus, my first try was cut a little short:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=16986

It was supposed to read:

Typical meticulous attention to detail associated with Kyosho Autoscales. This is an absolutely beautiful body. I would not, however, recommend it as a regular racer, as the shape of the Ford GT exposes the tires/wheels quite a bit, which are then prone to impacts during a race. This is likely only a good race body for those who are comfortable that they will rarely come into contact with walls or other racers.

If this is not on purpose, it might be worth noting that most databases use 255 as the default limit for varchar (text fields), and anything above that limit is automatically removed/lost when it is stored (it seems to have been cut off at ~252 characters).

Edit: looking back at some of HammerZ's posts, it seems several of his were cut off at 255 characters as well.

Last edited by soyverde; 2005.10.31 at 08:45 PM.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote