Thread: mini giant mods
View Single Post
Old 2004.04.20, 08:17 PM   #3
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

I've got a set of bearings for my Mini Giant, but haven't found the time to install them yet. One thing I want to do is remove the stock servo and put a micro servo right on the axle, similar to modified Clod Busters. I might take a look and see if those Maxx metal springs will fit on the Mini Giant shocks, take some of that boing out. My friend did a simple mod to remove the toe-out and put in some toe-in, his truck turns much better now. All he did was make a single tie rod using threaded rod and rod ends that ties the two knuckles directly together and he made it longer than that wierd plastic tie rod that comes on the kit so it toes the tires in a little. He didn't replace the stock tie rod, just added to it, which also stiffened it for better steering response. If I don't get around to the axle mounted micro servo soon I might have to try that first. Also, I have a Leopard speed controller that has brakes that I might put in as well.

How can you fry the radio by putting the batteries in wrong? It's a non-polarity system, it doesn't matter how you put them in.

David