View Single Post
Old 2005.02.25, 05:59 AM   #6
PITZON
MR 02 Driver

Send a message via ICQ to PITZON
Thanks guys!

Well we have spent some hours making decals and curbs, will be fun now to drive instead of building

*Arch2b: Well maybe it is the one you thinking about, quite common here in sweden. The track surface are some kind of indoor special rubber carpet and i actuallt dont know what it calls or where it is used otherwise. I just know a man here who sells this and many tracks use it.

The first time you try it you will not believe how fast everything happens. It feels as double the speed in comparison to regular carpet because the car runs so smooth. There is amazing grip and we use foam-tires for the best performance on this surface. Some people think it has to much grip and prefers the painted particelboard tracks or ordinary carpet but the grip tends to vary quite much on those surfaces. On the otherhand they are more realistic perhaps.

But this is a very fast surface and the grip are almost always the same. You can make a "stock" mini-z go quite fast with a smaller amount of options.

*ruknd@: Well we use a system called "Lap-Z" and it is a system specially designed for mini-z. Its quite cheap actually and all racers who wants to compete buys a personal transponder and mount in their cars.

You can se the transponder up front on my car in the atachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carbon killer2 framifrån.jpg (62.9 KB, 192 views)

Check out some of my cars http://mini-zracer com/gallery/pitzon
PITZON is offline   Reply With Quote