View Single Post
Old 2017.09.13, 05:16 PM   #7
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

In my opinion the "standard" will remain to be the 03ASF brushed for a few more years. The swelling of VE from Kyosho created an instant aftermarket for the plethora of different chassis from many manufacturers that have managed to dilute the true Z's by being mixed in with or classified as mini-Z's. Granted the AAA battery technology had or has elevated to the point that many groups tried to find ways to introduce small Lipo batteries into the mix which elevated brushed motor speeds to the insane and brushless speeds to what I call the "vanishing point".

There are enough parts out there for you to advance your project to the last level from people that are trying for whatever reason to take their program to the next. I think that a couple of the aftermarket cars have a lot of promise and the potential to maybe bring competitors from larger classes to the scale we have known about for so long. What the Z community needs to do is embrace them but keep them as what they currently are. A novelty. Make a place for them at events but not as the headliner. As of now they are far to exotic for a beginner and without that beginner what's the point.

Again I will say that this is "MY" opinion. I have seen some of the best racing programs in the country either disappear or shrink to size levels that technically won't keep the doors open. The groups that are maintaining some modicum of control over the various VE offerings are at least holding their own and in some cases prospering. Time will tell.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2017.09.13 at 05:24 PM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote