View Single Post
Old 2015.01.07, 08:28 PM   #64
Slubben
Practice Is For Wimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzalez View Post
We don't have to compare the IDT to miniz or MRX because it's entirely different scale. The scale size alone should indicate that the car will be bigger then the 1/27 scale that we are used to racing. Most tracks that race 1/27 should be able to race 1/24. Miniz has lost a lot steam and I think it stems from not conforming or adapting to newer technologies. Lipo and brushless motors have been around for 10+ years and it feels like we just started adapting these technologies to this scale. I have been running MRX with lipo batteries and brushed motors because the lack of drag brakes on the board. IDT solves this isssue and gets us one step closer to technologies used in larger scales. Maybe in the future we will have options on different speedo, servo, radio, sensored motors, etc. (open electronics)
I have to completely agree with this post. Interest in Kyosho mini-z racing has flat lined over the last several years and it's no ones fault but kyoshos for not innovating. If anything Kyosho has decided to go backwards with the Sport version. Call it whatever you want but the X Power cars are a giant leap forward in micro racing. They fill a niche where someone has limited track space but still wants to enjoy and use modern technology
PBR Racing Team Driver #1

Don't Make Me Cut You!

I Was Born With The God Given Ability To Be Mediocre

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP
Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Slubben is offline   Reply With Quote