View Single Post
Old 2019.04.19, 06:44 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Well, lets be honest, the Kyosho Mini-Z Cup rules have ALWAYS been stringent. I’ll say the same thing to those that complain about PN rules, It’s a manufacturer series they are sponsoring, they get to make the rules. We may not like or agree with them but they are putting the time, money and effort into the series and should be thankful for that. I’m thankful for any organized racing series we can get frankly and as always will adapt to the rules as necessary.

I believe your on the right course in that the list of permitted auto scales are current production models but as i mentioned, that availability is shaky at best and has a high likelihood of causing more problems than it solves. The old R8 for example is getting a re-release... one of the preferred racing bodies and not on the list...?

If i’m Not mistaken, the Jpn series has more classes that include LM? It’s been a long while since i tried following the Jpn rules graphic and asked for translations.

Lets hope there is some flexibility with the implementation of the rules. It’s one thing to put them on paper and another to implement them across the entire NA market when dates/times are still unknown as currently tied to available stock items. I can appreciate that notion, to pick from currently available items to create a more neutral playing field but NA availability is not the same as Jpn and inventory levels are finicky at best.

It may read like a lot of boo-hoo’ing but I’m all in. I fully support PN in their endeavors and will likewise support Kyosho. Lets not forget, we haven’t had the Mini-Z Cup since 2004 or there about, it’s nice to see it come back.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote