View Single Post
Old 2018.02.25, 07:51 PM   #16
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I find 2S gets the servo a little too hot... maybe it was the super high grip that I was dealing with when I was testing lipo (wide foams up front, with traction compound). The voltage also destroyed plenty of brushed motors. The speed is there and consistent, but until we have brushed motors that can withstand the voltage without overheating and arcing... i think 2S is relegated to brushless use for constant use.

I still dont have a running brushless car, and lack the funds to build one properly. I never liked the lack of drag brake on the VE boards, so havent really given brushless a shot.

I am trying to keep expenses to a minimum, and race what I have now, which means standard mini-z electronics... but I do want to try a 3500 on 2S with a proper speed controller and Sanwa receiver. With a lower BEC from the ESC, it shouldnt heat the servo motor as much as the VE board, plus drag brake can be adjusted.