Thread: Drift Technique
View Single Post
Old 2006.01.05, 11:20 AM   #10
saiyan
BooYa!!

Well, you won't have any real traction with those tyres as is the point. Kyosho's 1:10 drift tyres have a hard rubber surface that they further break traction by adding ABS plastic rings that fit into grooves on the tyres. This allows for a tiny bit of traction when you want it. The rings wear out and give inconsistant controle, so most people switch to pure PVC for cost and it handles the same from fresh to almost worn out. With the PVC you can do flat spins all day long cause there is zero grip, but with practice you can get some real awsome drifts going. I run my TC3 set up for touring car on asphault and only switch out the rubber tyres for PVC when i want to drift the roadcourse. I'm setting up my MA-010 the same way, for grip and then i'll just change over to drift tyres when needed. I have not purchased Drift specific tyres for my MA-010 yet, but electrical tape seems okay for the job. I just baught some sub-c shrink wrap and will give it a try this week-end. Hopefully i'll get to try it out soon on the RCP surface to see what works and doesn't. I have yet to set up my RCP track to drift on, but the autoscale tyres on linolium seems okay as well.

You could always try the tyres that come with the autoscale bodies, i think they're either 50* or 60*. They should afford some traction, but allow you to break loose.

You could also try going up in the gearing so that you loose some torque at the wheels. This will give you less wheel spin and more traction from the power delivery.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote